Now, I wasn't huge into reading as a kid when the Harry Potter series came out. I would have much rather been drawing or watching cartoons. However, I have an older brother (about 4 years older than me) and he LOVED the books. Every book report or assigned summer reading he picked Harry Potter. So, naturally, I heard a lot about the books and they sounded cool, but my tiny 2nd-grade brain couldn't even FATHOM reading a thick monster that was' Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix'. My older brother being in 5th grade and excited about reading over the winter break decided he would be so kind and read the book aloud to my sister and me. To be honest, I didn't retain much information from him and his mumbling (before jaw surgery) made it hard to understand, plus the big words. I grew up, saw all the movies multiple times and even became a fan of the musical, decided I would finally truly read Harry Potter. Right off the bat, I noticed Harry was kind of arrogant ...
Comments
Post a Comment