Space Opera: Saga (spoilers sorry :c )

Holy shit. Talk about a love story for the ages. First off I'll get this out of the way, the illustrations are gorgeous, Fiona Staples is truly a talented illustrator I highly recommend checking out her work. Second, the writing and plot are so good and using them in comic form does this world incredible justice.
I read Saga, the first volume (issues 1-6) and they are GOOD. The comics mix the world of sci-fi and fantasy almost perfectly to the point where they seem like they're connected. the two opposing worlds Landfall and Wreath are so contrasting, they compliment each other. 
Marko is probably my favorite of the two because he is such a dude-bro and who doesn't love a magic-wielding man with horns! Alana and Marko's love story is so out of place and weird I kinda love it? Imagine, falling in love with a person who hated your entire race and planet, AND meeting in prison AND falling for the guard that's in charge of you. (not really ideal in this reality but for theirs, it fits) The cliche of running away with a forbidden love is something I'll always love. On top of all of that, they have a BABY! Hazel is so sweet and precious and I can't wait to see how she grows up!

This comic is great 10/10, please read it or even just look at the pretty pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein: Personal thoughts and feelings.

I Live With You

COVID-19 Vs. Zombies: A horror movie come true or a deadly virus with no happy ending.